These 14 Photos Showcase The Stunning Condition That Is Heterochromia
To this day, I still scream “WHY DIDN’T I GET BLUE EYES?!!!”
My dad has blue eyes, but I was still born with dark, unimpressive, unappealing brown eyes. It sucks.
All jokes aside, eyes are often seen as the most beautiful part of the body. They are windows to the soul, and when you’re sitting with someone who has gorgeous eyes, you can’t help but stare into them.
Okay, that was creepy and rude. Don’t do that. Don’t listen to me.
Anyways, while we’re on the subject of eyes, have you ever heard of a condition called Heterochromia Iridum?
Simply put, this is a difference in coloration – usually of the iris, and sometimes of the hair and skin. It’s related to excess or lack of melanin and the reasons for it are many: inherited, or caused by genetic mosaicism, chimerism, disease, or injury.
There are three results to this: one iris different from the other, a part of the iris different than the remainder, or there are spikes of different colors radiating from the pupil.
This gives a unique character to people’s appearance, essentially.
These 16 pictures will show you how stunning this condition can actually be.
1. Hazel + blue = gorgeous
2. Here’s an example of the sectoral heterochromia, and it looks even more gorgeous
3. Some more hazel and blue
4. And here’s a beautiful cat with the sectoral “variety”
5. This dog also has it partial, where half his eyes are white and half are black
6. So beautiful…
7. Icy blue with gold/hazel.
8. This woman and her cat both have it!
9. Hazel brown combined with gray/light blue
10. Light blue and brown.
11. Bright blue and green/hazel.
12. Look how beautiful he/she is
13. Brown and light blue.
15. And one last example of blue and brown.
14. This condition can also occur temporarily as a result of surgery
Makes them all stunning, really.